Vision Boards - How to make yours
Help to make 2016 YOUR year!
A New Year and the opportunity for a brand new start.
Remember and believe that you can be anything that you choose to be if you really want it!
Tell yourself often that you are just as worthy of love, happiness and success as everyone else
and make the choice to have faith that good things can and will come to you in 2016.
If you’re unhappy with any aspect of your life make positive plans to fix or change it.
Start the year by making your ‘Hopes and Wishes list’ or a *Vision Board (see below) containing all the things that you would like to achieve,
gain or change by the end of 2016. Then decide which aspiration you are going to work on first.
What is a Vision Board?
A Vision board (also known as a Dream board) is a collection of images, words and affirmations which,
together, give you the outline of what you would like to accomplish over the coming months.
How do I make one?
Start by making your ‘Hopes and Wishes list’ and then 'transfer' it to your Vision Board thus:
1. Think of what it is you want to achieve and go through magazines etc looking for images that strike you as being relevant to your dreams, then cut or tear them out. For instance, if you are hoping to move home, you could cut out a picture of a house that catches your eye; or if you’d like to attract romance, find an image of a heart/flowers etc. Whatever your aspirations, just look for something that illustrates them to YOU.
2. Think of the words that describe how you want to be – such as
“Happy”, “Healthy”, “Loved” and write them on scraps of paper.
3. Find some affirmations similar to
“I am deserving of an abundance of all things good in my life”,
or make up your own, to suit your vision for yourself, and again write them on scraps of paper.
4. Have fun arranging your collection of images, words and affirmations on to
your chosen background –
which could be a cork board or simply a sheet of paper.
You may want to put them into some kind of order or make a random collage that pleases you.
Leave a space in the centre of the board.
5. Add an image of yourself where you are smiling and looking happy in the centre spot,
a picture of how you want to be looking as your goals are achieved throughout the year.
6. When you are totally happy with your vision for your future,
you are then ready to glue, tape or pin your collection in place.
7. Put your Vision board where you will see it frequently – preferably every day.
Looking at it daily will remind you of your goals and dreams,
reminding you to work towards them
with optimism and trust
that you really can improve your life
and achieve the future you want for yourself.
Once you have finished your Vision Board – ask the Angels and the Universe
to help support, guide and provide whilst you take small but sure steps towards achieving your aims,
trusting that you have it within to do so.
BELIEVE that you can do it and you will!
Affirmation to recite daily to support your hopes, dreams and desires:
“I can be anything that I choose to be - My only limitations are those which I set for myself.”